Saturday, October 03, 2009

Missing Dad...

Sat next to an older gentleman on the plane this morning. He dozed for the first half of the flight, but perked up after a cookie and glass of root beer. He started telling me stories... about his kids, his job when he was younger, the business he built and ran with his brother, how his son was in the Army years ago, how he's enjoying retirement, etc. He was going to visit his daughter in Kansas City. Her name is Sharon and she was born just 2 weeks after me! He has 7 kids, 5 boys and 2 girls. Plus some grandkids he was looking forward to visiting with.

It was nice to sit and listen to him tell his stories... but at the same time it made me a little bit sad. Love ya, Dad, and ALL your stories. Even the ones I heard a hundred times. :)

2 comments:

Unknown said...

Yep!

Michelle said...

I agree- been thinking about him a lot lately! I think I even miss the jokes!!